StarSpikes Pro 3
StarSpikes Pro 3
is an older product and is no longer for sale. It has been replaced by a newer version.
Click here to learn more about the latest version.
Version 3.1.2 - June 22, 2015
Free Update for All Version 3 Users - To upgrade
to this version simply click the button above and install. You will not have to
reactivate the plug-in.
- Addition of installer support for Photoshop CC 2015.
Version 3.1.1 - April 7, 2014
- Addition of installer support for the next release of Photoshop.
- Corrected a problem with some older GPUs where only a white preview screen would be shown.
- Reduced memory usage during interactive operation of the plug-in dialog.
- Spike effects have been adjusted to be brighter and more vibrant.
- Made improvements to ToolTip help wording.
- Made error handling more robust, e.g., for memory allocation failures.
- Higher quality results through improvements to internal pixel management routines.
- Corrected an underflow causing an incorrect brightness for the dimmest (or only) light source in the image.
Version 3.1 - March 14, 2014
- New effect editor - tune color, brightness, or position or even add effects where no star was detected.
- Better support for high dpi displays - controls size up per Desktop settings, e.g., to 125%, 150%, and more.
- Accelerator key improvements - keys now work more as expected no matter what control has the focus.
- Higher quality effects - cleaner, smoother spikes, more natural and beautiful appearance.
- Faster and higher quality preview through greater use of GPU.
- Better mouse scroll wheel support including side scrolling.
- Improved Quantity control ranging - more accurate control over the brightest and dimmest effects.
- Fastest and most accurate image analysis yet - startup time is reduced and recognizes even dimmer stars.
- Special code added to better recognize stars with significant existing optical spikes.
- The max size image you can process on a 32 bit system has been increased through better RAM management.
- Fixed an issue where keyboard focus wasn't managed properly when using the Settings selector.
- Now initially defaults to Higher Quality OpenGL mode on more systems.
- Made selection rectangle pixel-accurate.
- Eliminated the possibility of duplicate light source detection between sections analyzed by different threads.
Corrected a problem where a selection made in the editor before running the plug-in
would not properly align with the image pixels and effects could be drawn in the wrong place.
- Corrected an issue where holding down the Control key wouldn't change to the Magnifier Tool in every case.
- Radically improved performance through increased multithreading and use of SSE2 instructions.
Version 3.0 - November 11, 2013
What's New In Version 3.0
StarSpikes Pro 1.x and 2.x Users
- New Spike Spread effect!
- Cleanest and most refined looking results yet.
- New configurable UI choices from Dark to Light.
- New control usability features.
- Everything highly optimized to make operation faster.
- Excellent Photoshop integration - familiar plug-in operation.
- Hyper-accurate star recognition to the sub-pixel level.
- Recognizes even dimmer stars while still rejecting nebulae and galaxies.
- Installer support for the latest releases of popular image editors.
- StarSpikes Pro 3 can coexist on the same machine with versions 1 and 2.