StarSpikes Pro 2
8BF Filter Plug-in
StarSpikes Pro 2
is an older product and is no longer for sale. It has been replaced by a newer version.
Click here to learn more about the latest version.
Version 2.1.3 - Oct. 13, 2013
Free Update for All Version 2 Users - To upgrade
to this version simply click the button above and install. You will not have to
uninstall the previous version nor reactivate the plug-in.
- Corrected a crash seen when running the configuration dialog from the start menu.
- Corrected a crash seen when running the About dialog from Photoshop Elements.
Version 2.1.2 - September 9, 2013
- Corrected a bug introduced in 2.1.1 where a grayscale image is not written back to the editor properly.
- Corrected several minor memory leaks.
Version 2.1.1 - August 30, 2013
- Control and Alt now act as zoom modifier keys during Show Tool and Hide Tool operation.
- Made additional parts of the star location analysis multi-threaded for faster startup with big images.
- Star location analysis is now significantly more accurate at gauging star position and brightness.
- Corrected occasional case of the same star detected multiple times, making effects seem too bright.
- Corrected a problem where color could be corrupted in 32 bit images using the Colormatch RGB profile.
- Made color-management more efficient on multi-core machines.
- Consolidated last used parameters to make operation in Photoshop and other editors more consistent.
- Corrected problem with Control-F (same filter again) possibly corrupting effects on a multi-core machine.
- Added support for Corel® PhotoImpact editor.
- Added support for the Computerinsel PhotoLine editor (version 7.55 and later).
- Corrected a problem with freeware editor Paint.NET where the image wouldn't be written back to the editor.
- Made the plug-in more responsive to Cancel if accidentally started on a large, high key image.
Version 2.1.0 - July 9, 2013
- Star detection process now recognizes more / dimmer stars.
- Startup is faster with large images containing lots of stars and with multi-core machines.
- The plug-in installer detects Corel® PHOTO-PAINT® on the system and facilitates installation into same.
- Corrected a problem where the plug-in would not start when run under Corel® PHOTO-PAINT®.
- Added some additional local data logging during installation to help diagnose install failures.
- Built with new Photoshop® CC SDK (compatible with all versions of Photoshop®).
Version 2.0.17 - May 13, 2013
- Updated some graphic elements of the UI to better support scaled displays.
- Installer will now recognize Adobe® Photoshop® CC 14.x and allow installation into same.
Version 2.0.16 - January 4, 2013
- Added 3200% and 6400% zoom capability, for folks who want to look really closely at the pixels.
- Stability enhancements in the color-management subsystem, to better handle poorly formed color profiles.
- Added awareness of new OpenGL (e.g., 4.2) functions and features.
- Added installer support for Photoshop Elements 11 and several other editor versions not yet released.
- The installer now at the final screen displays the version of the plug-in it has just completed installing.
Version 2.0.15 - September 10, 2012
- Added installer support for Corel® Paintshop® Pro X5.
- Made some minor help file corrections and updates.
- Built with new Photoshop CS6 SDK (prior versions are perfectly compatible with Photoshop CS6).
Version 2.0.14 - April 6, 2012
- Added installer support for Photoshop CS6.
- Corrected an issue where holding down the space bar to pan would fail if certain controls were active.
- Corrected a color-management failure if the plug-in is started on an individual channel of a color image.
- Corrected a problem where some people were not able to run the plug-in after installing.
Version 2.0.13 - March 23, 2012
- Released only briefly, then pulled back offline due to installer problems with Windows UAC.
Version 2.0.12 - January 26, 2012
- Corrected a color-management problem where certain display monitor profiles delivered
through Windows Update could cause the preview display to be much lighter than it
Version 2.0.11 - January 2, 2012
- Holding down the space bar now temporarily invokes the Hand (panning) tool, to be
more consistent with standard Photoshop operation.
- Corrected a Photoshop crash problem on the next run after completing a run with
several of the Intensity controls set to 0.
- Corrected problems with Intensity controls set at 0 not properly disabling specific
effects and generating possibly corrupted results.
- If a user asks to skip a version update he/she will not be prompted again until
the next release.
- Implemented more efficient memory management to improve multithreading performance.
- Enhanced event logging to include thread information in the case of unexpected errors.
- Corrected a problem where entering the Proxy setup window twice could cause the
plug-in to crash.
Version 2.0.10 - November 8, 2011
- The installer now recognizes the latest releases of Adobe® Photoshop® and Corel®
- Added a workaround for a display driver bug in several 2011 ATI Catalyst releases
that could cause a corrupted display.
- Updated the color management logic to achieve better performance.
- Updated the interactive help/manual with a number of minor edits.
Version 2.0.9 - July 18, 2011
- Corrected a low-probability bug that could cause an erroneous "Disk Error" to be
reported by Adobe® Photoshop® after pressing the [OK] button in the plug-in.
Version 2.0.8 - April 27, 2011
- Corrected a problem where the plug-in could crash Adobe® Photoshop® when used with
some Intel GPUs.
- Corrected a problem where some people were not seeing the plug-in show up in the
Adobe® Photoshop® menu after the install was completed.
- Corrected a problem where a Windows-generated display monitor profile could cause
the preview display to be partially or completely blank.
Version 2.0 - March 31, 2011
What's New In Version 2.0
- New Ring Flare effect!
- New Color Hue adjustment!
- Separation of main Intensity control into Quantity and Intensity for
more creative control!
- New Show tool to allow you to manually pick the stars you want to spike!
- Ultra-fast interactive operation using OpenGL and the GPU on your
- Faster startup and write-back operation on multiple processor / multiple core machines.
- More accurate star recognition!
- A great new interactive manual and help facility!
- StarSpikes Pro 2 can coexist on the same machine with StarSpikes Pro 1.