StarSpikes Pro Version 1 Filter Plug-in
StarSpikes Pro version 1
is an older product and is no longer for sale. It has been replaced by a newer version.
Click here to learn more about the latest version.
Version 1.3.3 - July 31, 2010
Free Upgrade for All Version 1 Users - To upgrade
to version 1.3.3 simply click the button above and install. You will not have to
uninstall the previous version nor reactivate the plug-in.
- 32 bit overflow problem corrected - Under some conditions black pixels might
be seen in white areas when working on a 32 bit per channel image. This has been
Version 1.3.2 - May 17, 2010
- Crash on image size in excess of 2 gigabytes corrected - A crash of the plug-in
and host editor could occur if the image size (horizontal pixels x vertical pixels
x color channel depth x number of channels) exceeded 2 gigabytes. This has been
Version 1.3.1 - May 11, 2010
- Corrected a minor Upgrade Issue in 1.3.1 - Some users reported that the plug-in
returned the message "Could not complete the StarSpikes Pro command because of a
problem with the plug-in module interface." This has been corrected.
Version 1.3 - February 16, 2010
- Installer Updated to Work With Adobe® Photoshop® CS5 - The plug-in is fully
compatible with Adobe® Photoshop® CS5, and with this version the installer will
offer the choice of installation into Adobe® Photoshop® CS5 if it is on your system.
- Finer Angle Adjustments to 0.1 Degree - For precise matching of existing
optical spikes and unprecedented control, the spike Angle adjustment has been enhanced
to provide one tenth degree angle increments. Up and Down arrows and page-up / page-down
keys provide you the ability to incrementally change control values.
- Faster Operation! - Larger tile sizes increase the speed of interaction with
the photo editor, especially on today's more powerful computers.
Version 1.2 - December 16, 2009
- New Fully Featured Installer - The installer has been improved to provide
a smoother installation experience, and gives you all modern Windows features, including
Repair, Change, and Uninstall.
- Faster Screen Updates! - The screen is updated in less time so you can see
the results of your control changes more interactively.
- 32 Bit Grayscale Image Support Added - If you use 32 bit super high precision
/ HDR mode for editing, now you can run StarSpikes Pro directly on your 32 bit grayscale
- Full Windows 7 Compatibility - Several workarounds to Windows 7 bugs have
been added to ensure full compatibility with all versions of Microsoft Windows.
Specifically, several problems where the editor would crash during or after running
StarSpikes Pro have been resolved.
Version 1.1 - November 13, 2009
- Faster Operation! - Computationally-intense operations have been reviewed
and optimized to yield faster results.
- More Efficient Memory Usage - Uses much less memory;
StarSpikes Pro will now run effectively on small system configurations,
such as laptops.
- More Accurate Star Recognition - Star size and color calculations have been
refined to yield better color and relative brightness in your image.
- Automatic Update Notifications - StarSpikes Pro
will now check online, at an interval you control, and let you know when a new version
- Tested with New Editors - Corel® PaintShop® X2 and Adobe® Photoshop® Elements
8.0 now supported.
Version 1.0 - October 12,