8BF Filter Plug-in
Version Detail / Download
Version 1.1.0 - October 17 2017
More bugfixes and reliability enhancements:
- Correction of a serious problem that would block the installation on a dual GPU system.
- Code refactoring and upgrade to full Unicode operation to support international character sets.
- Correction of a problem where an unexpected OpenGL failure could cause a freeze.
- Built on the latest Windows SDK and OpenGL libraries.
- This release will allow another evaluation even if an earlier version was installed and the trial period expired.
Version 1.0.5 - October 6 2017
- Corrects a failure to install because of extended characters in usernames. Initial installation is more robust.
- Made the use of color profiles more reliable under more different host image editors.
- Color-management operations are 5% to 20% faster; this yields faster plug-in startup with bigger images.
- Some code refactoring to increase efficiency in interacting with the host editor.
Version 1.0.4 - September 25 2017
- Corrected a problem where the plug-in would not do proper color-management using the document profile when run under Photoshop CS5.
- Lengthens the BACKGROUND_TASK_TIMEOUT to 30 seconds to accommodate slow GPUs (e.g. Intel with software rendering).
- Removed extra glFinish() calls that caused stalls with some Intel display drivers resulting in failures after pressing [OK].
- Lowered the maximum number of quads to be drawn in one iteration when in compatibility mode from 65536 to 4096 to correct sluggishness with some Intel display drivers.
- Re-factored the system identifiers so that Windows 10 systems with the "Randomize MAC Address" feature enabled won't de-activate the installation.
- OpenGL setup and checking logic is consolidated for installation, normal runs, and the customer support dialog, and the installer can now invoke the problem reporting mechanism if problems are detected.
- Added integrity checking of the records the editor provides to make startup more reliable.
- Removed GPU selection exports added in the last version that didn't help with dual-GPU system installations.
- Added trace and stack walk logging to help diagnose customer-reported problems more quickly.
- Improved 32 bit stack tracebacks for crashes. XMM registers and offsets within functions now shown.
- Now allows a bug report to pop up immediately if there is a crash in a sub-thread.
- Improved processor logging so APIC ID is always shown.
Version 1.0.3 - September 17, 2017
- An initial attempt is now made to get the display driver to switch to the higher performance GPU on dual GPU systems. This averts installation failures on some laptops.
- Adjustments have been made to the internal OpenGL pixel formats requested to avoid triggering failures in some older display drivers.
- A problem that disallowed operation with the error "This software is not licensed to run on this system" with certain hardware configurations has been corrected.
- Inaccuracies when interacting with the host editor to display the final progress bar after [OK] are corrected.
- For new installs, the license file is now stored in a user profile subfolder per Microsoft's recommendation to avoid disparities in activation status between privilege-escalated and non-escalated runs.
- The plug-in will no longer allow another run without restarting the host editor if there is an unexpected failure during shutdown. This avoids compounding problems and possibly de-stabilizing the user's editor.
- Buffer security checks are added for 32 bit builds to improve robustness and security of operation.
- Improved user-submitted problem reports to better document issues in installation, startup, or shutdown.
Version 1.0.2 - September 1, 2017
- Reduces the load on the GPU shader compiler in the display driver during startup, to speed the initial display of the main dialog and avert failures in older drivers.
- Adds a workaround that averts a problem with older display drivers that return unaligned buffer pointers for Pixel Buffer Objects.
- Improves logging that can help us diagnose problems when a problem report is sent in.
- Adds previously missing ToolTips for color buttons in the options dialog.
Version 1.0.1 - July 8, 2017
Version 1.0.0 - July 3, 2017