8BF Filter Plug-in
Version Detail / Download
Version 1.0.3 - September 17, 2017
Bugfixes and reliability enhancements:
- An initial attempt is now made to get the display driver to switch to the higher performance GPU on dual GPU systems. This averts installation failures on some laptops.
- Adjustments have been made to the internal OpenGL pixel formats requested to avoid triggering failures in some older display drivers.
- A problem that disallowed operation with the error "This software is not licensed to run on this system" with certain hardware configurations has been corrected.
- Inaccuracies when interacting with the host editor to display the final progress bar after [OK] are corrected.
- For new installs, the license file is now stored in a user profile subfolder per Microsoft's recommendation to avoid disparities in activation status between privilege-escalated and non-escalated runs.
- The plug-in will no longer allow another run without restarting the host editor if there is an unexpected failure during shutdown. This avoids compounding problems and possibly de-stabilizing the user's editor.
- Buffer security checks are added for 32 bit builds to improve robustness and security of operation.
- Improved user-submitted problem reports to better document issues in installation, startup, or shutdown.
Version 1.0.2 - September 1, 2017
- Reduces the load on the GPU shader compiler in the display driver during startup, to speed the initial display of the main dialog and avert failures in older drivers.
- Adds a workaround that averts a problem with older display drivers that return unaligned buffer pointers for Pixel Buffer Objects.
- Improves logging that can help us diagnose problems when a problem report is sent in.
- Adds previously missing ToolTips for color buttons in the options dialog.
Version 1.0.1 - July 8, 2017
Version 1.0.0 - July 3, 2017