8BF Filter Plug-in
Version Detail / Download
Version 1.2.16 - February 12, 2018
- Worked around a problem with an ATI display driver not retaining shader source code for recompilation, resulting in an error message and plug-in abnormal exit.
- Worked around a problem with an ATI display driver version not conforming to the OpenGL specification with regard to error reporting, resulting in a plug-in abnormal exit.
- Corrected a problem where operation a dual Intel/ATI GPU system was being set up for Intel OpenGL operation when the ATI GPU was actually the one that was active.
Version 1.2.15 - January 21, 2018
- Worked around a customer-reported problem with Intel HD 4000 GPUs where the plug-in would run very slowly, taking literally minutes to do anything.
- Increased OpenGL compatibility and peformance through code refactoring, addition of new shaders, and update of usage hints.
- Increased performance of zooming and scrolling by making code that doesn't need to be executed every preview update cycle conditional.
- Made resizing the plug-in dialog a little smoother / more responsive.
- Made canceling the plug-in more responsive / quicker to complete.
- Fixed a problem where pasting a value into an edit box would cause a "system error" sound to be emitted.
- Reduced the cases where Photoshop emits an extra error message after the plug-in itself pops up messages describing a problem then exits.
- Fixed a low probability bug where the preview display might not update after moving a control rapidly.
- The installer can now be run successfully over a Remote Desktop connection, though running the plug-in over RDP is still subject to OpenGL availability as defined by Windows.
- Added a message describing a way to work around OpenGL difficulties when running the plug-in via RDP.
- Increased robustness of preview display code to prevent errors from being unnoticed and causing incomplete or corrupted displays.
- Fixed a problem where a password could not be pasted into the activation dialog.
- Fixed a low-probability problem where an activation attempt with a valid License ID and Password could fail.
- Installer and communications libraries used under the covers have been updated to include the latest security patches.
Version 1.2.5 - December 23, 2017
- Corrected a slight inaccuracy in the output image.
- Minor change in the way the plug-in interacts with ATI/AMD display driver implementations.
Version 1.2.3 - December 18, 2017
- Fixed a bug that could result in a crash of the plug-in while calling a function in an older ATI driver.
Version 1.2.2 - December 17, 2017
A minor feature enhancement and many bugfixes and reliability improvements:
- Added new [ ] Use Selection checkbox to indicate that a user selection is in force when starting the plug-in.
- Added installer support for latest Photoshop Elements and PaintShop Pro releases.
- Corrected a problem with shader compilation that would lead to a driver incompatibility message.
- Corrected a problem where tabbing between fields would fail and some keys would not be recognized.
- Fixed an issue where the bottom of the plug-in dialog could be hidden behind the Taskbar.
- Corrected stalls seen with some Intel display drivers.
- The plug-in will now detect an internal stall and not lock up Photoshop for a long time.
- Refactoring a lot of internal OpenGL code to improve reliability, compatibility, and performance.
- Corrected a low-probability crash during initial image analysis.
- Corrected the ToolTip wording for the Flat Only checkbox and added a missing ToolTip for the Help icon.
- Added an underscore to the 'E' in "Enhance Preview" when the Alt key is pressed.
- Incomplete read of parameters no longer leaves an unread parameter at 0, but uses default parameter value.
- Libraries and Visual Studio build environment updated for the latest security and reliability enhancements.
- Improved reload detection logic so that if one of our plug-ins fails it won't block our other plug-ins.
- Corrected a small resource leak on exit.
- Some minor help manual corrections and wording updates.
Version 1.1.0 - October 17, 2017
- Correction of a serious problem that would block the installation on a dual GPU system.
- Code refactoring and upgrade to full Unicode operation to support international character sets.
- Correction of a problem where an unexpected OpenGL failure could cause a freeze.
- Built on the latest Windows SDK and OpenGL libraries.
- This release will allow another evaluation even if an earlier version was installed and the trial period expired.
Version 1.0.5 - October 6, 2017
- Corrects a failure to install because of extended characters in usernames. Initial installation is more robust.
- Made the use of color profiles more reliable under more different host image editors.
- Color-management operations are 5% to 20% faster; this yields faster plug-in startup with bigger images.
- Some code refactoring to increase efficiency in interacting with the host editor.
Version 1.0.4 - September 25, 2017
- Corrected a problem where the plug-in would not do proper color-management using the document profile when run under Photoshop CS5.
- Lengthens the BACKGROUND_TASK_TIMEOUT to 30 seconds to accommodate slow GPUs (e.g. Intel with software rendering).
- Removed extra glFinish() calls that caused stalls with some Intel display drivers resulting in failures after pressing [OK].
- Lowered the maximum number of quads to be drawn in one iteration when in compatibility mode from 65536 to 4096 to correct sluggishness with some Intel display drivers.
- Re-factored the system identifiers so that Windows 10 systems with the "Randomize MAC Address" feature enabled won't de-activate the installation.
- OpenGL setup and checking logic is consolidated for installation, normal runs, and the customer support dialog, and the installer can now invoke the problem reporting mechanism if problems are detected.
- Added integrity checking of the records the editor provides to make startup more reliable.
- Removed GPU selection exports added in the last version that didn't help with dual-GPU system installations.
- Added trace and stack walk logging to help diagnose customer-reported problems more quickly.
- Improved 32 bit stack tracebacks for crashes. XMM registers and offsets within functions now shown.
- Now allows a bug report to pop up immediately if there is a crash in a sub-thread.
- Improved processor logging so APIC ID is always shown.
Version 1.0.3 - September 17, 2017
- An initial attempt is now made to get the display driver to switch to the higher performance GPU on dual GPU systems. This averts installation failures on some laptops.
- Adjustments have been made to the internal OpenGL pixel formats requested to avoid triggering failures in some older display drivers.
- A problem that disallowed operation with the error "This software is not licensed to run on this system" with certain hardware configurations has been corrected.
- Inaccuracies when interacting with the host editor to display the final progress bar after [OK] are corrected.
- For new installs, the license file is now stored in a user profile subfolder per Microsoft's recommendation to avoid disparities in activation status between privilege-escalated and non-escalated runs.
- The plug-in will no longer allow another run without restarting the host editor if there is an unexpected failure during shutdown. This avoids compounding problems and possibly de-stabilizing the user's editor.
- Buffer security checks are added for 32 bit builds to improve robustness and security of operation.
- Improved user-submitted problem reports to better document issues in installation, startup, or shutdown.
Version 1.0.2 - September 1, 2017
- Reduces the load on the GPU shader compiler in the display driver during startup, to speed the initial display of the main dialog and avert failures in older drivers.
- Adds a workaround that averts a problem with older display drivers that return unaligned buffer pointers for Pixel Buffer Objects.
- Improves logging that can help us diagnose problems when a problem report is sent in.
- Adds previously missing ToolTips for color buttons in the options dialog.
Version 1.0.1 - July 8, 2017
Version 1.0.0 - July 3, 2017