StarFilter Pro 4
Version Detail / Download
Version 4.2.5 - February 10, 2017
- Made installer aware of Corel PaintShop Pro X9 and (future) XX releases.
- Corrected an issue that could cause the initial preview display on a nVidia-equipped system to be delayed.
- Improvement in logging so that if a crash report is sent in it'll help pinpoint the problem.
- Minor bugfixes.
Version 4.2.3 - January 12, 2017
Added a workaround that prevents a crash when run under Paint.Net's 8BF filter interface (PsFilterPdn.dll).
Version 4.2.2 - January 10, 2017
Fixed a problem where the plug-in could crash under some conditions when run by editors that provide
buffer allocation suite services.
- Increased accuracy of color-management logic.
- Improved speed a little for final rendering.
Version 4.2.1 - January 3, 2017
- Fixed a problem on small (e.g., single core) systems where the initial analysis could stall.
Version 4.2.0 - December 13, 2016
- Completed support for 32 bit floating point HDR images.
- You can now drag effects around to reposition them with the Edit cursor.
- Increased the image size limit from 32,767 pixels on a side to 96,000 pixels.
- Now uses newly available full 64 bit buffer allocations from Photoshop to handle larger images.
- Added a new Start Menu function with which you can easily report a bug and send in logs.
- Improved exception handling throughout, to better protect against Photoshop crashes.
- Cleared up a problem where under some conditions canceling the plug-in could cause an error.
- Fixed failure to render effects if only one type of effect is given a non-zero intensity.
- Improved logic for recovery after an out-of-memory condition and effect controls have been reduced.
- Increased responsiveness of code that handles Cancel during initial analysis.
- Made drop down list longer to handle a larger number of saved settings files.
- Adjustments to the multithreading subsystem to improve reliability and efficiency.
Version 4.1.10 - October 3, 2016
- Corrected a startup bug that could cause a -108 "memory full" error on systems with 4GB or less RAM.
- Bugfixes and a sneak peek at several new 4.2 features, including effects drag and drop and HDR support.
Version 4.1.8 - September 10, 2016
- Refactored code to not overuse RAM resources after selecting [ OK ].
- This version reworks the multi-threading processes to use multi-core CPUs more effectively.
Version 4.1.7 - August 28, 2016
- Corrects a crash when run on systems with CPUs that don't support the SSE 4.1 instruction set.
Version 4.1.4 - July 8, 2016
- Corrects a crash when a software update is available on the 8th and 9th of the month.
Version 4.1.3 - July 8, 2016
- Corrects an inability to show the Software Purchase Activation dialog to facilitate activation.
- Fixes a minor internal problem running on Vista. This would not normally be seen by the user.
- Corrects a problem where OpenGL support isn't properly checked during installation.
- Shaves a good portion of a second off the plug-in startup time.
- Fixes an internal estimate that could cause more RAM to be used than necessary.
Version 4.1.2 - June 29, 2016
- On-screen controls have been updated to provide a more integrated, pleasant user experience.
- Previewed effects now better match the final rendering, especially spike sharpness.
- Improved control appearance for high DPI displays.
- Support in the installer has been added for anticipated Photoshop releases.
- Better analysis of images where the brightest thing in the image is not pure white.
- Reduced resource usage after clicking [ OK ], especially on 32 bit systems.
- Optimization for better performance, especially on multi-core machines.
- More consistent positioning of Soft Flare effects.
- Better error handling in cases where insufficient RAM is available.
- Improved responsiveness on [ Cancel ] of long operations.
- Installer now has a SHA256 signature.
- Many bugfixes.
Version 4.0.13 - October 5, 2015
- Corrected a compatibility problem with Vista. No functional changes.
Version 4.0.12 - September 1, 2015
- Full support for actions, including saved analyses, with ComputerInsel PhotoLine editor.
- UI updates to better support Windows 10.
- A few minor bugfixes.
Version 4.0.11 - August 5, 2015
What's New In Version 4.0
- Fully integrated support for Photoshop Smart Filtering.
- Advanced editing mode provides unprecedented creative control.
- Optimizations for manual effect editing.
- New Ring Flare and North Star 1 effects.
- Smoother zoomed displays.
- Improved effect appearance all around.
- Usability improvements.
- 9 great presets to help you get started.
- Better preset file handling.
- Improved color accuracy.
- Better highlight analysis.
- Fast startup and rendering times.
StarFilter Pro version 1 through 3 Users